Adult and Family Learning Coordinator – Skelmersdale
Temp contract from 1/11/2021 – 29/07/22 Part time – £23,000 per annum FTE
(Actual pay £9,910.51)
1.30pm – 6.30pm Tuesday – Thursday – 20 hours per week
Could you support families in Skelmersdale as part of an exciting new project?
The ‘Family Learning Project’ is a collaboration between SHARES Lancashire and West Lancashire College to provide families in Skelmersdale with quality after-school provision which will enable parents, carers and children to learn new skills and develop their current skills in local settings.
After-school sessions will run in person and online 4 afternoons per week in schools across Skelmersdale.
We are looking to recruit a dynamic individual with excellent interpersonal and organisational skills that can engage with schools, families and professionals to build strong partnerships and deliver excellent services for the Skelmersdale community.
The success applicant with be responsible for the overall project deliver and particularly:
- Working with Project Lead to generate interest for the project through workshops and conversations with parents, school staff and the local community.
- Developing relationships with current and potential delivery partners.
- Joint-planning (with support from Project Lead) of after-school sessions to meet the needs of the project e.g. STEAM activities, Health & Wellbeing Activities, English Boosters.
- Delivery of Family Learning Sessions, both online and in-person across Skelmersdale for children as part of after-school provision.
- Communicate with parents to engage with the West Lancashire College Online Learning Courses or refer to college support.
- Provide reports for the management team on progress.
- Keep detailed records of all sessions and attendance at courses.
For an informal discussion or further information on either post contact Kevin Davidson on 01695 729897. Or for an application form please visit www.shareslancashire.co.uk
Closing Date: 22/10/21
Please note that all applicants will undergo an enhanced DBS check and other safeguarding measures.